#925 @ #230BW...

Look, I'm not going to lie. There's a guy in here, "Lockout", that makes this one of the least productive and most boring places to talk training on the internet, and no one can be bothered to ban him. Buyer beware. Arguments about minutiae. Ad hominems. Appeals to authority. Training #1.

Moderators: John Henry Brown, duane hansen

#925 @ #230BW...

Postby Snake Plisken » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Pretty amazing how fast this pull gets off the ground and goes up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq8--LPRUgE
What if doing the Hokey Pokey and then turning yourself around, is really what it's all about???
Snake Plisken
I heard you were dead.

Re: #925 @ #230BW...

Postby PierreSuter » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm

That was impressive. How about Cailer Woolam's recent 928 at 220? I think he benched 460-something too... definitely doesn't look the part!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjQnvJ0kbPE
"Constant dripping hollows out a stone."

http://www.springhillfitnesstn.com
PierreSuter
Lucky Pierre

Postby stevein7 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:55 am

Just to stir the hornet nest...X amount of weight doesn't mean much beyond the person who did it. What if tomorrow someone lifted a 1000k deadadlift? Who really would care? Any one of intellect would see It as a highly risky science experiment for no real reason. Maybe to provide the background for advertising some useless commodities.
Look at pro bodybuilding. Most would see it as a bunch of abominations.
What does it all mean. Hyper strength, hyper mass, what use is it?

For me the beauty of these games is amateur, natural, self improvement ( maintenance as the grey hair kicks in). Problem with the big numbers is that for right or wrong, it just comes up against the idea that som crazy took a boatload of drugs, a bit like silicone implants.

If you wish to contradict, call me a faggot etc, go ahead. Again, who cares...
‘’Either the proletarian revolution is victorious or capitalist barbarism will destroy humanity”.
stevein7
Faggotry both rampant and insidious

Postby FMJ » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:00 am

While I like the whole self improvement angle I can see why doing the undoable is so desirable. Pushing the limits adds excitement to the game.

Most things are useless depending on your values. I might never pull 800 lbs but it is fun to chase. I certainly sacrifice a good amount of time for it and my size is probably a detriment to my health. In the end, I do it for fun and some tiny slice of glory.
"I hit you with your own pimp!"
FMJ
No one man should have all that chowder

Postby PierreSuter » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Being able to lift super heavy things, run super fast, climb the unclimbable, whoop people in a fight, etc are super cool to me. Having the curiosity and ambition to transform yourself and do things that once seemed impossible. Certainly more gratifying than sitting on the couch all day.

PierreSuter
Lucky Pierre

Postby stevein7 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:57 pm

I am not saying anything against that. I train daily and treasure the feeling of being physically better. This is not pouring shit on resistance and other training forms.
‘’Either the proletarian revolution is victorious or capitalist barbarism will destroy humanity”.
stevein7
Faggotry both rampant and insidious

Postby PierreSuter » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:58 am

I know that Steven. Regarding crazy high level strength/development, I can see how some would view it as a chemistry experiment, but the primary success factors are always going to be talent and hard work. It's the cynics and the uninformed who focus on the drugs.

PierreSuter
Lucky Pierre

Postby Jughead » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:19 pm

PierreSuter wrote: but the primary success factors are always going to be talent and hard work. It's the cynics and the uninformed who focus on the drugs.

And the weaklings. A lot of people, probably most, like to focus on anything that makes the successful person seem less so. IMO it's due to their own insecurity. Some things are so close to the metal that inadequacy in those things always triggers a response. Some are obvious -- attractiveness to potential mates, fighting ability, wealth, status -- but one that adults rarely mention is physical strength. Yet it is clear how important it is to people. You can tell this by how eager weak people are to denigrate the strong. If strength was really irrelevant to them they wouldn't be so consistently quick to disparage it.
If the time isn't now, when the fuck is it going to be?
Jughead
not as lame as CrossFit

Return to Training