Dbl vs Single Bench Shirt - Unscientific Study (and a PR)

Look, I'm not going to lie. There's a guy in here, "Lockout", that makes this one of the least productive and most boring places to talk training on the internet, and no one can be bothered to ban him. Buyer beware. Arguments about minutiae. Ad hominems. Appeals to authority. Training #1.

Moderators: John Henry Brown, duane hansen

Dbl vs Single Bench Shirt - Unscientific Study (and a PR)

Postby joesmo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:33 am

OK, wanted to share what I found out. A few weeks ago, I indicated that I gave a single ply RageX a ride, maxing at 565 (missing on 575).

Well this last sunday, I decided to give my Double RageX another try. After warming up and hitting a raw 3RM of 380, then 405 for 1, I put the Dbl Ply on for some singles. 515(3board, the rest to chest), 535, 555,575,595,605. Tried 615 twice, but no go. I was too exhausted, but happy with this 5lb PR.

So everything was pretty close, my bodyweight, same bench, bar and plates. Same environment, same lift off person. When I was traling to Brent Mikesell, he indicated that his differential was 35 pound, and most got 40 - which is exactly what I found.

(It was actually a boost - it was 9 months ago when I hit my first and only 600 bench in the gym....now to get close in a meet).
Yesterday's glory won't help us today.
You wanna retire? Get out of the way!
- "Move Over", J.Kay/G.Mekler, Steppenwolf,1970
joesmo
might not bench 600 till he's 60+ M4

Return to Training