Cheese Grits and Shrimp!!!

Look, I'm not going to lie. There's a guy in here, "Lockout", that makes this one of the least productive and most boring places to talk training on the internet, and no one can be bothered to ban him. Buyer beware. Arguments about minutiae. Ad hominems. Appeals to authority. Training #1.

Moderators: John Henry Brown, duane hansen

Cheese Grits and Shrimp!!!

Postby Benny One Six » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:31 pm

So, I'm drunk, listening to Shooter Jennings and waiting for my buddy to pick me up and drive to the sports book to watch the Cards. I'm also hungry as a mother. What shoudl I eat?

45 minutes ago, I found the perfect solution.

CHEESE GRITS AND SHRIMP

Link

Sauteed Shrimp with Cheese Grits

Grits

1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup quick grits
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Shrimp

1 cup diced bacon
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup thinly sliced strips green bell pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced strips red bell pepper
1/2 cup slivered onion
Sliced green onions and shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
Tabasco sauce

To prepare grits, bring chicken broth and milk to a boil in large saucepan. Stir in grits and salt; return to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheddar cheese. Keep warm.To prepare shrimp dish, cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove from skillet and drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet. Add shrimp, peppers and onion; cook until vegetables are tender and shrimp turns pink, about 3 to 5 minutes. Season with Tabasco sauce. Stir in bacon.

Serve shrimp mixture over warm cheese grits. Garnish with chopped green onions and shredded Cheddar cheese.

Yield: 6 servings
Benny One Six
"Please mister, I'm just a little girl!"

Return to Training