Groin tear

Look, I'm not going to lie. There's a guy in here, "Lockout", that makes this one of the least productive and most boring places to talk training on the internet, and no one can be bothered to ban him. Buyer beware. Arguments about minutiae. Ad hominems. Appeals to authority. Training #1.

Moderators: John Henry Brown, duane hansen

Groin tear

Postby BLACKFLAG » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Well, just as I was getting my confidence back with DLs, tore right adductor tonite while attempting heavy deficit DLs off my 15cm platform.
Hurting like hell right now and it's prolly ruining most of my upcoming training, upper body included.
Big 40s getting nearer, and it shows goddammit.
BLACKFLAG
Giovanni! No pulla da penis!

Re: Groin tear

Postby stevein7 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 am

Maybe just bad luck, but worth thinking if there is anything else to it.
You do a lot of hard training, the body may not be able to keep up. More de loads may be the way.
I have spent a long time with a knee issue, made me consider a lot of variables, deload said included, but also exercise selection. I am now changing exercises every month, for example, hi bar squats, hi bar with bands, repeat.
I have spent too much time on very low reps. But main thing is simply pushing too hard, too long, willpower beyond physical power, extreme fatigue, unwillingness to back down. Too much too soon, seems like a good idea, shows commitment, but the body breaks and end result is you make slower progress than you could have. Extremism is good, but it has to be controlled, yin yan, hard push, easy recovery.
Another thing is diet. If you are pushing the numbers, you need calories. Vary food intake according to goals. Training long and hard on a deficit diet is a good way to get hurt.
Good luck. The age thing is no joke. 51 next and no denying it now.
‘’Either the proletarian revolution is victorious or capitalist barbarism will destroy humanity”.
stevein7
Faggotry both rampant and insidious

Postby FMJ » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:03 am

Blackflag, we all know that you are invincible by now. You cannot really tear anything or age for that matter. The whole injury is just a portal opening in your groin to the shadow realms of hell from which the gains and quite possibly demons will spill forward. It is hurting like hell because well, it is hell. In your adductor. Sorry you had to learn it that way. All that deafening metal and endless suffering and torment (what you call "training") have attracted forces beyond human comprehension.

PS: The demons might want to crown you as new ruler of hell because you are metal as fuck. Just go with it. They have a deadlift pit! Or a pit for the dead with a lift (because even demons hate stairs). Either way you're good.
"I hit you with your own pimp!"
FMJ
No one man should have all that chowder

Postby PierreSuter » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:50 am

Any warning signs?
"Constant dripping hollows out a stone."

http://www.springhillfitnesstn.com
PierreSuter
Lucky Pierre

Postby Snake Plisken » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:13 am

Sorry to hear that kiddo. Hang in there. You'll find a way back.
What if doing the Hokey Pokey and then turning yourself around, is really what it's all about???
Snake Plisken
I heard you were dead.

Postby BLACKFLAG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 am

ahaha thanx for the support guys.
No time to bleed though. Had a similar accident last month in regards of my right pec while doing pressdowns+dips supersets and it took roughly 2 weeks to heal.
I'm taking 3 for this one but thankfully I tested a few movements and I can hit upper back as well as 45°hypers and GHRs.
Hence will take advantage of the few weeks off DLs to get some direct hypertrophy work done.

Plus will use those minutes I need to psyche up to bring up them guns and delts.
BLACKFLAG

Postby BLACKFLAG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:17 am

PierreSuter wrote:Any warning signs?

actually no Pierre. I usually struggle with my psoas, sometimes end up with uber stiff back/glutes, and I tore hamstrings a couple times in my life, but never had issues with the groin.

Even though I suspect there's a connection with the lower abdomen since the area is very stiff right now.
BLACKFLAG

Postby BLACKFLAG » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:17 pm

BLACKFLAG

Postby Chris McCarthy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:37 am

That sucks, Buddy - heal up and kick ass again soon!!
Chris McCarthy
This is a meaningless custom tag

Postby stevein7 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:01 pm

As our hero slowly loses all his gains and become a mere rolypoly like the rest of us, the ghost of Mike Mentzer waltzes around heaven telling everyone I told you so. Delirious. Our Roman god cries for help fromJupiter and Romulus and Remus, but his Latin is too rusty, he has forgotten the vocative! Almost 2 hours since his last deadlift session and a pudgy 40 something is bursting out of the bronzed torso that used to be. Like the Italian banking system, he can only look back, there is no future....ahead lies decadence, old age and the pensioners training forum formerly known as power and bulk. It truly is a veil of tears.
‘’Either the proletarian revolution is victorious or capitalist barbarism will destroy humanity”.
stevein7

Postby BLACKFLAG » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:57 pm

No Roman god, past or present, has been invoked here.
Lugh, Loki, Wotan, Kalki and Lucifer have been summoned though.
BLACKFLAG

Postby Jughead » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:57 pm

stevein7 wrote:It truly is a veil of tears.

That's vale of tears. So much for the English education system.
What doesn't come out on the page just comes out some other way. -- Stephen King
Jughead
almost as diesel as Chuck Norris

Postby stevein7 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:20 am

The expression “vale of tears” goes back to pious sentiments that consider life on earth to be a series of sorrows to be left behind when we go on to a better world in Heaven. It conjures up an image of a suffering traveller labouring through a valley (“vale” ) of troubles and sorrow. “Veil of tears” is poetic sounding, but it’s a mistake.
stevein7

Return to Training