Reverse bands VS. Rack/Blocks

Look, I'm not going to lie. There's a guy in here, "Lockout", that makes this one of the least productive and most boring places to talk training on the internet, and no one can be bothered to ban him. Buyer beware. Arguments about minutiae. Ad hominems. Appeals to authority. Training #1.

Moderators: John Henry Brown, duane hansen

Reverse bands VS. Rack/Blocks

Postby BLACKFLAG » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:13 am

Been thinkin about using reverse band DLs to get some kind of overload 1xweek (with the other days mostly aimed at improving starting strenght), if not else because -unlike blocks and pin pulls- I have tried them prolly 2 times total years ago. Remember workin up to 260kg using the classic Louie setup (greens hangin from eye level).

Maybe even adding a smidge of a deficit as Dan Montague (are you still alive dude?) recommended me back then !?!?

Roughly 1 month before turning 39, feeling pretty decent lately (took a week off from work), and playing with the idea of hitting a 160 bench and some kind of DL PR that nite.
BLACKFLAG
Giovanni! No pulla da penis!

Re: Reverse bands VS. Rack/Blocks

Postby Snake Plisken » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:33 am

Very funny that you brought these up BF, as I was kinda kicking around trying these again myself. I will refrain for now, as I don't wanna get to many different loads started.
I did these for a very short (obviously not long enough to give honest feedback) time a few years back. They certainly have a different feel than chains and or bands loading. Very smooth and just a feel of heavier and heavier bar.
I think mine was totally unloading around knees. It was funny setting #550 or so on the ground, but it pulled off like #400-#450, then bang, the full enchilada.
It might help with my looking at a loaded bar intimidation factor , still being lighter at start!?
What if doing the Hokey Pokey and then turning yourself around, is really what it's all about???
Snake Plisken
I heard you were dead.

Return to Training