Natural lifting

Look, I'm not going to lie. There's a guy in here, "Lockout", that makes this one of the least productive and most boring places to talk training on the internet, and no one can be bothered to ban him. Buyer beware. Arguments about minutiae. Ad hominems. Appeals to authority. Training #1.

Moderators: John Henry Brown, duane hansen

Natural lifting

Postby stevein7 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:51 am

‘’Either the proletarian revolution is victorious or capitalist barbarism will destroy humanity”.
stevein7
Faggotry both rampant and insidious

Re: Natural lifting

Postby FMJ » Thu May 11, 2017 9:20 am

That was terrifying.
"I hit you with your own pimp!"
FMJ
No one man should have all that chowder

Postby PierreSuter » Sat May 13, 2017 8:10 am

Awesome... 50 pages of excuses for why the author couldn't gain any muscle and then 60 pages of training advice from the same guy!
"Constant dripping hollows out a stone."

http://www.springhillfitnesstn.com
PierreSuter
Lucky Pierre

Postby lockout » Sun May 21, 2017 3:14 pm

PierreSuter wrote:Awesome... 50 pages of excuses for why the author couldn't gain any muscle and then 60 pages of training advice from the same guy!

Here's the thing I don't get. The author seems to have figured out the "secret" of all the pros. Right? So if he knows the truth, then that means he has the choice to do or don't. If he ain't happy with the choice he made, that's his own damn fault. Why sit there and complain?

On a side note, sometimes I can't relate to some of the shit I hear people talk about when it comes to fitness. The nattyornot author has written about people feeling insecure and that being their reason for fitness. I also recall a video of Rich Piana talking about a guy seeing a bigger guy in the mall and he feels insecure in front of his girl, so he has to talk shit about the other guy.

I can't relate to shit like that, it just doesn't make any sense to me. Apparently there's some real insecure people out there who are always comparing themselves to others. But I don't think it's ordinary for anyone to think like that perhaps much beyond college age.

And personally? I always just loved to lift. I loved strength training. Never wanted to get huge. When I got into dieting I just wanted to be a regular sized guy. I figured out over time that being fat isn't normal or healthy and with a solid strategy one can maintain a descent weight.

But to care what others think? What the fuck for? I'm not sure anyone really gives a shit anyways.
lockout
2nd Rate Canadian Wannabe

Postby stevein7 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:53 am

As a young kid I didn't really know building existed. When I first came across it I thought yes, better than my sort state of blubber, let's find out how to do it. Not long later I found out about drugs. I think that is his target audience, young teens. Probably nowadays it's much harder to be naive than before.
‘’Either the proletarian revolution is victorious or capitalist barbarism will destroy humanity”.
stevein7

Postby lockout » Thu May 25, 2017 6:18 pm

stevein7 wrote:As a young kid I didn't really know building existed. When I first came across it I thought yes, better than my sort state of blubber, let's find out how to do it. Not long later I found out about drugs. I think that is his target audience, young teens. Probably nowadays it's much harder to be naive than before.

I think he was just addressing a topic that'd be interesting for naturals who are curious. Because of their determination to stay natural and do the best they can, of course the question comes up of what is possible. That's why they want to know. And it is a good question. Because how many guys trained and ate big thinking they'd look like their hero, only to walk out a fat slob? Unfortunately a lot!!! Due to unrealistic expectations of attainable lean body masses.

Knowing can't be good for the kids. Guys like Brooks Kubik are better role models. But those days are long gone.
lockout
2nd Rate Canadian Wannabe

Postby viennesebeergardenlifter » Sun May 28, 2017 3:42 am

What does it say? To much to read! :P
carnalkid wrote: have you ever heard of just fucking lifting weights?
viennesebeergardenlifter
not as lame as CrossFit

Postby stevein7 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:03 am

have you ever heard of just fucking lifting weights?

Is that crossfit?
stevein7

Return to Training