Incredible genetics.

Look, I'm not going to lie. There's a guy in here, "Lockout", that makes this one of the least productive and most boring places to talk training on the internet, and no one can be bothered to ban him. Buyer beware. Arguments about minutiae. Ad hominems. Appeals to authority. Training #1.

Moderators: John Henry Brown, duane hansen

Incredible genetics.

Postby lockout » Mon May 15, 2017 3:34 am

I just wanted to throw it out there.

Some people happen to be blessed with incredible genetics built for strength. I met a guy in his 50's the other day who had a handshake like a vice and bigger muscle than I'll ever have. He said he benched in the high 200's back in the day, but I know with proper training a guy like that could do a heck of a lot more. In conversation he mentioned he never messed with PED'e back when he did sports, and I believed him. He was asking me about it because I mentioned I used to powerlift. But after stripping all the fat away, I ain't a big guy.

That got me thinking. It is what it is. Everyone is different. Most have average genetics within a range. Some very rare have amazing genetics. And you have others who have extraordinarily poor genetics. But I only a trainer would be the first to see that. After all, if a guy went to the gym and was willing to work his ass in the dirt, but still got little, I'd say the proof is in the pudding.

However, I never would want to use that as an excuse. Two of my old workout buddies had the worst genetics ever, yet became world class powerlifters because they were willing to put in the hard work required, they wanted it bad enough. And me? I was the smallest guy on the football team in high school and fast forward to my college years and I was one of the strongest guys in the gym.

Just saying. It is what it is. But no complaints. If you've got good genetics then great, if not then still be happy that you can make the best of it with hard work and determination.

Peace dudes.
lockout
2nd Rate Lance Wannabe

Re: Incredible genetics.

Postby stevein7 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 am

Genetics are a big deal and someone can work really hard for minimal results. That's the way it is. Pure luck decides the winner! You want a moral to the story?
‘’Either the proletarian revolution is victorious or capitalist barbarism will destroy humanity”.
stevein7
Faggotry both rampant and insidious

Re: Incredible genetics.

Postby randygillett » Mon May 15, 2017 7:38 am

stevein7 wrote:You want a moral to the story?

Here's one specifically for you: Life is not fair and attempts at making it more fair will likely make it worse.
"whenever any animal's behavior puts it out of touch with the realities of its existence, it becomes extinct". ---- Michael Crichton
randygillett
3000 and no tag? PM Snadden for a tag

Return to Training