Million dollar reward

Look, I'm not going to lie. There's a guy in here, "Lockout", that makes this one of the least productive and most boring places to talk training on the internet, and no one can be bothered to ban him. Buyer beware. Arguments about minutiae. Ad hominems. Appeals to authority. Training #1.

Moderators: John Henry Brown, duane hansen

Million dollar reward

Postby stevein7 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:42 pm

You only have to squat 500, dead 600, bench 400, all raw, and you win a million.

Trouble is you are allowed no supplements, roids, nothing but food and coffee.

So, you want that money bad, you will do what it takes.

How do you get it as fast as possible?
‘’Either the proletarian revolution is victorious or capitalist barbarism will destroy humanity”.
stevein7
Faggotry both rampant and insidious

Re: Million dollar reward

Postby Jughead » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 pm

^^^I can't afford a million, but I will send some bitcoin to anyone who kicks Stevie in the balls for this.
What doesn't come out on the page just comes out some other way. -- Stephen King
Jughead
almost as diesel as Chuck Norris

Postby lockout » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 am

Took me a few minutes to think about it. But I think I have an answer. But it ain't pretty.

I'd workout every other day alternating a squat/bench day and a deadlift/bench day. All heavy sets of 1-3, working up to a top single, followed by sets of 2-3. Squats from pins on squat day. Arched back as hard as I can on bench. RDL for assistance on squat day. Conventional deadlifts followed by rack pulls on dead lift day. Assistance for bench would be A LOT of board presses and ricep work.

For diet, I'd base that around A LOT of red meat for creatine, followed by anything and everything. Coffee only pre workout, but in high quantities.

You asked for it and there's you're answer. It'd probably work, but I'd walk out a fat slob with aches and pains all over and a beat up body. Absolutely disgusting. I'd have to spend the next 5 years dieting, but I'd be a rich man.
lockout
2nd Rate Lance Wannabe

Postby PierreSuter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Good call on the food. For me, hitting those numbers at my current bodyweight would be near impossible, but if I bulked up to 300-350 pounds I bet I could hit them pretty easily.

Training wise, I'd do the big 3 lifts once a week (more frequently if I was younger) for speedy reps, waving the weight between 60% and 90%. I'd do a lot of upper back and pressing volume using assistance movements. Eat enough quality food to gain 2 pounds per week, and within a year I'd be a millionaire.
"Constant dripping hollows out a stone."

http://www.springhillfitnesstn.com
PierreSuter
Lucky Pierre

Postby stevein7 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:41 am

You answer as if you were doing it, which is fair enough.

Maybe part of the answer is that without the million notes, nobody really thinks it a good idea. Better take a slower road?

But my thought was also for the complete novice who suddenly felt motivated to hit those numbers. Maybe he was getting a lot of abuse anb decided to big up, get strong to work construction, who knows, but the hypothetical million dollars assumes that the motivation is overwhelming.

My first point would be a simple linear progression, maybe starting strength and just keep adding weight to the bar.

so 3 days per week, squat/bench/dead. three sets of five

I imagine that would last a few weeks then get too much. Drop deads to once a week and in stiff legs.

Then sub in chins and rows for stiff legs.

Maybe all getting a bit much now so lighten the midweek session (assume Mon Wed Fri)
Do incline press rather than bench.
Do front squat rather than back.

the weight is getting crushing, so reps are disappearing.

The original 5 5 5 dwindles to 1 1 1 over time, fighting all the way.

Now you have to get into an intemediate routine.

I think

Monday......... Heavy squat, (one set under 5, 4 sets around 5) cgbp bench,(4 sets of 5) sldl deadlift (3 sets of 5)
Wed............. Front squat (4 sets of 5), ohp (5x5), heavy deadlift (one set under 5 , second set 5)
Friday........... Medium squat (like Monday minus the heavy set) heavy bench (one set under 5, 4 sets around 5) medium deadlift (same as wednesday but minus the heavy set)

This may get you all the way, but if not, I would go for the last resort of adding volume on chins, rows, dips, incline, raises etc, and only doing the actual powerlifts once per week.
‘’Either the proletarian revolution is victorious or capitalist barbarism will destroy humanity”.
stevein7

Postby lockout » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:00 am

Unless you have someone with phenomenal genetics, it ain't gonna happen in a healthy way. A guy of average height and frame isn't going to hit numbers like that ever in his life time without eating until he's obese or resorting to juice.

That's just the way it is. If you think otherwise, you're living in a fantasy land.

You talk as if it's an easy sure thing that anyone can and will accomplish if following such routines. But that's not reality. If it were, many more people would make it there. But there's a lot of hard working guys out there who don't make it. So there's your proof.

I recall someone on the forum once saying that most can hit the 300/400/500 mark in a life time with or without juice. And I agree with that 100%.

But 400/500/600??? You're out of your mind!!! I'm sure it could be done naturally. But the guy who does it is probably going to have to be a 500 lb fat slob.
lockout
2nd Rate Lance Wannabe

Postby FMJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 am

To get to 400/500/600 in the fastest way possible:

A) Assume you are already a large person naturally (say 250lbs of not totally fat bastard, maybe you are tall and/or have a large frame):

- Start to eat a lot of steak and whatever carb heavy food you can digest easily. Eat as much as you can stomach while training hard. Gain weight but do not overeat to the point of decreased performance.
- Train primarily the main lifts and their close variations for lowish reps for as much volume as allows to keep and/or slightly improve your performance.
- Deload every couple weeks (4-8) and reap the benefits of supercompensation for the next cycle.
- As soon as you are in striking distance (~hitting 80% of the goal numbers for sets of 5) do a peaking phase.
- Party hard with a million bucks.

B) Assume you do not have the necessary musculature yet (you are small/short):

- Do a lot of volume with main lift variations and bodybuilding exercises and eat your face off till you are big.
- Do A)
- Party you sweet power midget ass off. You deserve it.

But 400/500/600??? You're out of your mind!!! I'm sure it could be done naturally. But the guy who does it is probably going to have to be a 500 lb fat slob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhTodS1ZTA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgyNQj-850o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLILD2gLffs&t=95s

Feel free to call me a fat slob. I wouldn't disagree. I have benched more (~445lbs) and deadlifted more (~727lbs) since then. I also did 400/500/600+ weighing around 120kg or so inbetween then and now but felt terrible.
"I hit you with your own pimp!"
FMJ
No one man should have all that chowder

Postby stevein7 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:59 am

In my 40s after fucking around for years doing loads of running and karate with weights on the back burner, I gave life's buffet a visit. I went from 85k to 108k and hit 330/473/583 comp standard. I am 5 7". I got a hernia and quit the pursuit, but I was not done, I could have gone further. The strength bodyweight increase was pretty fast and I assure you it was anabolic free. I was starting to feel like an oompa loompa and it was not much fun.

I do agree that most will not attempt it, it takes a certain mindset and physique to pull it off, but I think it is a good high target for someone who is very enthusiastic that is not dependent on anabolics.

For anyone over 6 foot and no issues, I would say it was pretty reasonable.
stevein7

Postby stevein7 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 am

That 305k squat was a phenomenal effort.
stevein7

Postby lockout » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:44 am

stevein7 wrote:In my 40s after fucking around for years doing loads of running and karate with weights on the back burner, I gave life's buffet a visit. I went from 85k to 108k and hit 330/473/583 comp standard. I am 5 7". I got a hernia and quit the pursuit, but I was not done, I could have gone further. The strength bodyweight increase was pretty fast and I assure you it was anabolic free. I was starting to feel like an oompa loompa and it was not much fun.

I do agree that most will not attempt it, it takes a certain mindset and physique to pull it off, but I think it is a good high target for someone who is very enthusiastic that is not dependent on anabolics.

For anyone over 6 foot and no issues, I would say it was pretty reasonable.

Yeah, I'm not saying its not possible. Some people have awesome genetics. So with them it's a lot more likely.

But for the guys who don't have the genetics? Think Bud Jeffries. That's what they're going to have to do in order to get there. Not healthy!!! You can be like Anthony Clark and die of a heart attack by middle age.

I guess it's all about goals. I'd attempt it for the million bucks and then diet down after. But overall I'm into staying lean. Fortunately I can still stay strong, maybe not my strongest, but still strong.
lockout
2nd Rate Lance Wannabe

Postby PierreSuter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 am

I reckon if you picked ten 18 year old males at random from the general population and had them train their asses off for 5 years to hit 400/500/600 natty and under 20% BF, you'd get maybe 4 to achieve the squat, 2 the deadlift, and 0 or 1 the bench press. 4 plates on the bench for a natty non fatty is a hell of a feat... there are tons of guys prioritizing the bench press for years who never even hit 3 plates, and 4 plates is a whole other world. If you had picked the 10 participants from the HS football team, go ahead and double the outcome.

PierreSuter
Lucky Pierre

Postby lockout » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:01 am

PierreSuter wrote:I reckon if you picked ten 18 year old males at random from the general population and had them train their asses off for 5 years to hit 400/500/600 natty and under 20% BF, you'd get maybe 4 to achieve the squat, 2 the deadlift, and 0 or 1 the bench press. 4 plates on the bench for a natty non fatty is a hell of a feat... there are tons of guys prioritizing the bench press for years who never even hit 3 plates, and 4 plates is a whole other world. If you had picked the 10 participants from the HS football team, go ahead and double the outcome.

"Natty non fatty" that's hilarious!!!

OK, so what if all 10 are Natty Fatties with the sky being the limit? Then how many, if at all, will make all 3?

I'm placing my bets that it'd flip the numbers. More would get the bench. The deadlift would still be a tough one. But I bet only a few might get all 3. Maybe only 1-2 could get all 3.
lockout
2nd Rate Lance Wannabe

Postby PierreSuter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm

I agree with that lockout. If you bulked up the trainees to 330+ pounds, their bench and squat would go up quite a bit. My guess is close to half could get the 400 bench, definitely over half would get the 500 squat, and probably only a few the 600 dead. Those are just guesses though... I've seen a lot of regular size dudes train for strength and have a feel for what they're capable of but haven't known that many to do an extreme bulk.

PierreSuter
Lucky Pierre

Postby stevein7 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:43 am

I think that is where the external motivation comes in, because without that (million dollars) hardly anyone in their right mind would make the sacrifice of appearance health etc to naturally get to those numbers anytime soon.
stevein7

Return to Training